I have just uploaded Reader Widget Pro V1.7 to the market. Changes include:
- Time shown next to headlines in pop-up list.
- Sort headlines by feed name or time in ascending or descending order.
- Bug fix: on boot up with no network connection widgets would be blank. Now the data is loaded from the local database.
- Ran zipalign on the apk file. This should improve performance.
- Ran Optipng on all the PNG files to compress them.
I also experimented with showing the unread count in the notification bar but found it to be not that useful. The text doesn’t stay in the notification bar (like when an SMS is received it just flashes up the message for a few seconds) and so the bar has to be dragged open to see the unread count. Ideally I want the unread count to persist in the notification bar so it can be seen even if the phone is locked. I haven’t found a way to do this yet.